A welcome break

Spring break, only one week away and I feel like I’m not going to make it. The only thing separating me from my wonderful week of peace and quiet is three essays, one exam, two quizzes and several little readings. This last week before spring break is going to be really hectic and busy, but I can do it because I know what is waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. I first decide to tackle the three essays and the studying for the exam and quiz’s; because once those are done, things will seem a little better. After a couple of hours of vigorous work on everything, I am done and I can wipe a few beads of sweat off my forehead.

While writing the essays, I could hear my friends on the second floor having fun because their teachers did not assign them nearly as much work as I, lucky them. I so badly want to go down and join them, but I can’t. That’s one important lesson that I have learned from being in college, it’s a lot of fun but also a lot of work. And the work has to be done before the feeling of fun and no worries can really set in. But once all the work is done, the fun is all that much more rewarding. Once the essays and the studying were done, I decide it’s time to take a break. A student can only do so much work before a break is needed, and I learned that in the beginning of the semester. A student should always work their hardest, but their hardest work should be rewarded with the best fun there is; just hanging out and lounging with all the new friends that have been made while in the first couple months of school.

-Heather