All in

Today I was thinking about how different college is from high school, and from everything I knew prior to Vermont. I came from a really small high school in Rhode Island; so coming to a big college was an enormous change. I wanted to figure out how to stick out in the crowd and most importantly make a difference. As an involved individual in high school I decided I needed to carry that out but in bigger and better ways. Going to college is much more than just taking classes and meeting new people. It’s also about finding yourself, taking chances, and discovering new opportunities. In the spirit of all this I ran for Hall Council President (Hall Council is basically student council for a residence hall), figuring it was worth a shot. I was elected, which was great. I was becoming involved, and in a major way. Being the President led me to the opportunity of applying to be a Resident Advisor (RA). I have my interview in two weeks, and I am surprisingly not nervous. Maybe this is because I know that no matter what I tried and through that I learned a lot about myself. Despite this I still hope I get it, it would be amazing to help others in the University in anyway that I can. I also just had an interview to become a tour guide. I think this would be so much fun, and it would also be a great opportunity for me to help prospective students make best choice for them personally, whether it be UVM or another school. No matter what you decide to do with your college experience, make sure that you make the most of it. So, don’t just dip your toes in the water, but dive in with no expectations, no fear, and a whole lot of mystery for what the future beholds.

-Eliza