Another new blogger

Hello, my name is Heather and I am an eighteen year old freshman social work major at the University of Vermont. I’ve grown up in Vermont my whole life with my mom, dad and little sister and I love everything about it. I went to Hartford High School in central Vermont and had a wonderful time there. I played two varsity sports, Ice Hockey and Field Hockey, for the full four years. While being on the two teams, I got to travel to Burlington several times throughout the years to play in all different types of games. Every time I would get to be in or around UVM for any of these games, I knew that this was the college that I wanted to attend. I applied early action and found out in early December that I was going to be able to attend UVM. I was ecstatic. I spent the whole summer preparing for my freshman year, just waiting for the day that I could move in. Ever since I have become a student of the University of Vermont, life has been extremely enjoyable in every aspect. I hope to be able to share all the fun, exciting opportunities that lay behind the doors of admission here at the college with all perspective first year students.

-Heather