Therapeutic trampolines

My name is Eliza and I am a first-year student at the University of Vermont. I am majoring in Elementary Education with a major concentration in English. I come from the smallest town in the smallest state, Rhode Island. I have many passions but some of my biggest are dancing, laughing, and helping others. I love to try new things and meet new people, which was one of my goals upon coming to UVM.

To help me reach these goals I ran for Hall Council President and was elected. By taking the role as Hall Council President I have learned a lot about myself. I’ve learned to be a good leader, communicator, and community program organizer. Being a Hall Council President has lead me to the opportunity for applying to be a Resident Advisor. Being a RA is an aspiration of mine, it would take my passion for helping people to a different extreme while still remaining connected to the UVM community. I know that taking on this role will bring many challenges and obstacles, but one of my strongest beliefs is that any problem can be solved just by jumping on a trampoline.

I had a trampoline throughout my entire life, anytime that I was having a difficult time I would bounce on it for hours and once I stepped off I usually had a resolution. I believe in the power of play and resorting back to those childhood memories, some of our fondest moments are held in those years and bringing them out does wonders to our present lives. Now that I’m in college I want to make the most out of my experience which includes becoming as involved as possible while carrying out my passions.