Vacation!

I cannot speak for my fellow first year students, but I was not sad to say goodbye to UVM and head home for a little more than 3 weeks. I was definitely happy to be home…with no homework! That thought excited me greatly, as it was a first since before High School. But wait, I am writing this entry at the end of my break! And I have to work on a proposal for a Living/Learning program for next year. I guess what I am saying is that nothing was truly assigned.

I was able to sleep and do whatever I wanted (still am). I had even more freedom than when I was away from home to start college…a bit strange, no? I have skied a lot, and had some truly amazing powder days! I have seen a lot of my friends, visited my high school, slept, exercised, slept, eaten food, you get the picture. It has been refreshing. I am not sure that I am looking forward to returning to college, especially because I won’t be able to ski as much.

Actually, I will take a moment to explain the importance of skiing in my life. I have been skiing for 10 years, and I average about 30 days per winter, with my record being 52 days in one season. So having three weeks to ski is great, though I wish they were in February.

I have kept in touch with a few people from UVM, so that does say something. I am looking forward to seeing a few people…