The LinkedIn Alumni Tool is an information goldmine! Whether you are researching companies, career paths, or majors, this tool allows you to learn what fellow UVM’ers are doing after undergraduate or graduate life on campus.
- From your LinkedIn account, you can find the tool under the “Connections” tab located in the top navigation bar; click on “Find Alumni.”
- The tool allows you to search UVM’ers in a variety of ways such as location, company or organization, industry, course of study, and degrees of connection. Just click on any bar in the Alumni Tool to drill down into the various options. Alumni profiles that fit your search criteria will appear below the selection bars.
- You can also search the tool by keyword. So if you want to know about a specific company, you can quickly find current and past alumni employees.
- If you want to take your search beyond research, request a connection and ask if an alum would meet you for an informational interview. Always, personalize your connection requests and explain who you are and why you are interested in connecting.
- Be sure to join UVM LinkedIn groups – University of Vermont Career Connection and the UVM Alumni Association. Membership in these groups will significantly grow the number of UVM’ers you can reach out to on LinkedIn.