Thank you to all who came to our Fall Job Fair on Wednesday! The event was a great success, with over 70 employers and graduate schools and over 500 students and alumni attending!
If you’d like to see which employers and graduate schools participated in the fair, check out the fair booklet.
Here are some tips for following up on the Job Fair:
- Sort out the materials you collected at the Job Fair.
- Assess what you want to pursue and your next actions. Make a list of what kinds of work you’re most interested in, and what kinds of organizations might be the best fit for you.
- Get your resume and cover letter ready! Remember, Career Services holds a weekly resume clinic on Mondays from 4-5 PM in Living/Learning E 166.
- Follow up by contacting employers you met with at the Fair. (Remember, If you’re looking to contact a particular employer, search for them in Catamount Job Link.) Send resumes and cover letters to confirm your interest.
- Research other organizations and opportunities, starting with Catamount Job Link. Check out our website resources, and our office resource library. (The resource library is available during our office hours, M-F 8 AM-5PM.)
- Talk it over! Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss potential opportunities, review application materials before sending them off, and figure out the next steps. (Call our office or stop by to make an appointment.)
- Save the Date! Our Spring Job Fair will take place from 2-5 PM on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 in the Davis Center.
Check out these photos from the Job Fair: