Spring Break Visit Home

During spring break, I revisited the same location that I went to during Thanksgiving break. This site is in the woods behind my house and is part of a public drinking watershed area. A map showing the exact location can be found in my Thanksgiving post.

I visited this site on Saturday March 18th, a few days after winter storm Stella passed through the Northeast. A few warm sunny days beforehand melted some of the snow therefore but freezing overnight allowed me to walk without sinking. During my visit, I discovered countless squirrel tracks every where. Additionally, I found a set of canine tracks but I was unable to identify the animal that made them. Birds, including black-capped chickadees, blue jays, and red-winged blackbirds could be heard calling in the tree tops. I also saw downy woodpeckers, red-bellied woodpeckers and eastern bluebirds flying in the area. In terms of woody plants on my site, the buds seemed to be noticeably larger as if they were beginning to burst. The once visible lycopods were buried under the snow.