Nerdy Upheavel

Today in my Roman Civilization class we were preparing for a test. We organized ourselves into groups and discussed essay topics. I was with two other people and we were by far the smallest group out of all the essays. I spoke to another girl and she was also a Classics major!

I always get so excited when I meet someone else in my major, because it sure doesn’t happen often. I love geeking out and going on rants about the myths and ancient sources. We both gushed about how amazing and interesting the material always is and how everyone asks us “What are you going to do with that?!” She doesn’t know either. But we both have very similar interests in volunteering when we get out of school.

I still want to join the Peace Corps after school. It would be such an amazing adventure and it would give me more time to figure out what I wanted to do with this thing I call my life.

Whatever I end up doing though I just want it to be interesting and actually have an impact on those around me. I’m the type of person who doesn’t require a lot of money. All I want is an awesome garden, a roof over my head and an adorable puppy. That’s what really matters.