If I’m not watching Spongebob when I’m 40 there’s obviously something wrong in my life

Sometimes while in college I get this notion in my head that I’m all grown up and I’m learning about complex things that can potentially alter the path of our civilization as we know it. Facts and theories that completely change my perception of how I view myself and the world constantly swirl around in my brain.

There’s something so beautiful about being in college, the juxtapositionof our kid self and adult self. We’re in limbo right now between these two worlds.

Last weekend I was enjoying a family breakfast with my neighbors, a tradition we do every Sunday. Afterwards someone suggested we watch a few episodes of Spongebob Squarepants. If you don’t know who Spongebob is then just stop reading, right here, and go back in time and watch a few episodes and have a real childhood. Seriously, that was one of the funniest shows when I was a kid.

So there we all were, six college students sitting on the couch in our pajamas watching Spongebob on a Sunday morning. It was the Pizza Delivery episode where Spongebob and Squidward have to delivery a pizza but because of Spongebob’s terrible driving skills they end of in the middle of nowhere with no way back home. Approaching exhaustion and starvation Squidward suggests eating the pizza but Spongebob refuses, saying it’s for the customer. After quarreling, Spongebob spots a boulder and together they ride home on it, “like the pioneers did.” After finally reaching the home the customer refuses to accept the pizza, screaming that Spongebob had forgotten his drink. The customer slams the door and Spongebob begins hysterically crying because disappointed on the part of the customer was his greatest fear. Upon seeing Spongebob upset he storms to the house and knocks on the door, the angry customer again refuses the pizza but this time Squidward smashes the pizza in customer’s face. It was amazing.

After the episodes were done, one of my neighbors quipped, “Well, time to be an adult now.” Everyone laughed and realized they all had to do the same; start studying, go to work or get some chores done, you know, old people stuff. But it was so nice, even for a short time, to feel like a kid again. After all the classes, exams and papers you have to worry about it’s relaxing to remember a time when the only thing you had to worry about was how to fake sick to get out of school, or not having enough marshmallow charms in your cereal.

Actually. Hold on.

I still worry about that sometimes. People keep taking the charms out of the Lucky Charms and it is absolutely unacceptable. It’s like that feeling you get when you open the freezer and there’s a carton of ice cream and you get so excited but when you open it and there’s like half a scoop in there. WHO EATS JUST HALF A SCOOP?! ┬áNobody, that’s who, come on people.

The Krusty Krab Pizza Song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1JAq0ih2k&feature=related