Technical Difficulty- Here are all my other blogs :)

Yay me I’m terrible with technology! These are all my blogs that haven’t been showing up on my home page, enjoy!

Apartment Hunting for Next Year- November 15, 2010

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been looking for apartments to live in for next year. It is so important to START EARLY! They go pretty fast and theres competition for almost every place. Today we were able to choose one and guarantee a lease signing!!! It’s in a good location and the place is really nice. Getting a lease signed before Thanksgiving is awesome and its great to be ahead of the game.
Speaking of Thanksgiving that’s right around the corner as well and I’m so excited to see my family and EAT SO MUCH. It is a much needed break. Sophomore year is very different from freshman year, so much harder. Don’t panic though, its important to just stay focused because it can be easy to get off track.

End of the Fall Semester- November 29, 2010
It’s the end of the fall semester and finals are looming. This year all five of my classes have an exam, oh yes. This is the time when you’re going to worry and the time when you are so consumed by finals you dream about it. Yet, not everyone has the same schedule as you. Some people have only a few finals so their schedules aren’t nearly as busy. BEWARE. Don’t get sucked into the mentality that you’ve got it easy too (but if you’re the one that has it easy then don’t worry). The thing about college is that there are so many different combination’s of schedules that its going to be a little difficult to plan time with your friends. It’s a little frustrating but keep in mind your own exam schedule and when you need to study.

The Last Week of School – December 18, 2010
Oh my goodness what a whirlwind of events. People are leaving, studying and hanging out. The exams in my classes weren’t too bad. The hardest exam was my economics one but then again thats not my area of expertise. There is plenty of time to study and too do well. Ironically I got the best grades in my hardest classes. This is a strange dynamic in college academia: your easiest classes maybe your ”hardest.” It was hard to motivate myself to study hard for my easier classes, because I felt that I didn’t have to put as much energy into them. I did everything I could to do well in my difficult classes and took every opportunity to earn extra credit or master the material on tests. My grades showed my effort and not necessarily the difficulty of the class. Its also a good thing that I discovered this. Don’t psych yourself out if you have a hard class, they can actually give you the best grade. I thought for sure the my history and economics class would doom me, but those were my highest scores!
To keep from stressing I did a lot of jogging and did yoga in my room. Theres a lot of resources to help you through finals week, so use them! Professors are always around to help and the library is the best place to get stuff done.

My Winter Break- December 29, 2010

I have to say I’ve been home for only a few days and I’ve realized how great I have it. Sometimes I get so bogged down with school, grades and finances but as soon as I’m home everything just feels better and more relaxed. I feel more centered and my family does a great job of bringing me back into reality. It’s almost Thanksgiving and I’m excited to just eat and eat and eat!
I registered for classes next semester and it’s going to be a very busy semester. Four classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday….all one right after another. Gotta say Sophomore year isn’t getting any easier haha but not to worry! As long as I stay focused it will be ok and as college students we can’t forget while we’re here. We’re here to work, but there’s no reason why we can’t have fun while we do it