About Me

Greetings!

My name is Alyssa Mamuszka and I’m a rising senior at the University of Vermont, majoring in Public Communications with a Food Systems minor. I volunteer with the on campus group known as the Real Food Working group, where I help to bring local and humane food to the campus community. I’ve also spent some time contributing to the student run, environmental magazine, “Headwaters” and will be volunteering with the Office of International Affairs this coming fall.

I originally come from Glastonbury Connecticut, a large town in central Connecticut, but spend almost all my time in Burlington during the school year and summers. Burlington is a great college town known for its outdoorsy feel and cozy coffee shops (perfect for studying!). I’ve certainly taken advantage of the nearby lake and mountains in my free time to kayak, hike, and ski.

I started out as an Environmental Science Major, however realized my true passion and talent lay in writing. However, I still have a love for environmental and sustainable practices, so upon graduation I hope to pursue environmental journalism. I recently returned from a semester abroad in Uppsala Sweden, where my main course of study was development. I spent time studying the development of government, environment, and feminism. Outside the classroom I was able to travel throughout Scandinavia, and interact with incredible students from around the globe.

Now that I’ve returned I’m excited to become a part of the StudySoup team!

All the best,
Alyssa Mamuszka