3 Day Weekend!

13 10 2009

This past weekend was a long weekend for me. Instead of having Monday off for Columbus Day like most schools, UVM takes Friday off instead. It’s still a three day weekend, just moved around a bit. The three day weekend is a nice break because other than that, we go pretty much straight through until Thanksgiving which can be a very long stretch. Columbus Day breaks that up nicely in the middle. I went home for the weekend to see my family and friends, especially my boyfriend. He has been in Missouri since May in Basic Training for the Army Reserves. His flight came in on Saturday, so it was the first time that I had seen him in five months! We had a great weekend – I was so incredibly happy to see him and I’m even more happy that he’s finally home :)

As usual, the weather up here is fickle. This past weekend at home it was gorgeous, and as soon as I get back on campus, it starts to be cold and rainy. I have a weather widget on my laptop, and when I checked it this morning, it said that there were going to be snow flurries today. SNOW! I cannot handle snow yet…it’s not even Halloween! I haven’t personally seen the snow yet, but I heard from some people that there was snow on the highway this morning. Good thing that I brought my boots and some warm clothes back from home!

Actions

Information