One more year on campus…

19 02 2009

UVM’s rule for housing is that everyone has to spend two years living on campus. So right now, all of the e-mails and information about housing next year is circulating around. I don’t really have a problem with living on campus, but I think it’ll be fun to live off campus in an apartment junior/senior year.

BUT since that’s not the case right now, I’m trying to decide where I’m going to live next year. The first step is to complete a housing contract, specifying your meal plan or if you want to request a roommate (has to be a mutual request). Then after the deadline, you’re given a lottery number based on your class and number of credits earned. That number tells you when you can log in to the system and choose your room for next year.

I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do yet. I was thinking about applying for the Honors College, but it looks like a lot of extra work which personally might not be a good trade off for a nice dorm. I also thought about applying to the French House in the Living/Learning Complex. My roommate now and one of our friends is training to be an R.A., so I can’t room with them next year, but I’ve asked a few other people just to keep my options open. I’d really like to stay in the dorm I’m in now because it’s really nice and on a good part of campus, but we’ll see how it goes :)

Lots of work to do…meetings, studying for exams, hockey games!

Actions

Information