Keeping in Shape

5 02 2009

Even though I do a lot of walking every day around campus, this semester I decided that I was going to start going to the gym more often and getting a little bit more exercise. Campus Recreation runs a bunch of drop-in fitness groups that range from yoga to abs to cycling. They offer a semester pass that costs $65 and you can go to as many drop-in classes as you want. I definitely like this option better because I’m not motivated enough to go to the gym and run on a treadmill for an hour. I really like going to the drop-in groups. They’re much more interactive, and they’re really a lot of fun. All of the instructors I’ve had are really nice and very into what they’re doing, which makes the class that much more fun.

My favorite classes that I’ve been to so far are Cardio Kickboxing, Abs Attack, Butts and Guts, and Cardio Belly Dance. There is a pretty good variety of classes and times so I was able to work around my schedule. I go after class (since I prefer sleeping in instead of running in the morning) – plus it’s a good way to wind down from classes before starting homework or anything like that.

Here’s the website – check it out!

http://www.uvm.edu/~recspts/

Actions

Information