Homecoming Weekend!

8 10 2008

This past weekend (October 4-5) was Homecoming/Parent’s Weekend here at UVM. From Friday – Sunday, the university planned all sorts of activities, ranging from picnics and lectures to concerts and open houses. They invite parents of students to come to UVM to see what life is like, where their kids are living, etc. etc.

My family came up for this weekend to visit me and I was sooo excited to see them! Normally you’d expect that freshman in college wouldn’t be super excited to see their parents, but that’s not true. I know a bunch of people who had parents/family members that came up. I’m very close with my family and I really missed them, so it was really great to see everyone.

When they got here Saturday morning, we went to breakfast at the Marche, and then I gave them a semi-tour of campus on our was to the CAS (College of Arts and Sciences) Open House which, coincidentally, is where I work. After the Open House, we headed to the giant picnic that was going on – really good food, but bad timing because we had just eaten breakfast about two hours earlier. Once we were done eating, we headed all the way down College St. to the boat dock on Lake Champlain and took a cruise around the lake – absolutely beautiful. After the cruise, my family and I walked around Church Street, got some dinner, hung out for a while, and then came back to campus for the a capella show that was at Ira Allen Chapel. All three groups on campus (The Hit Paws, The Cat’s Meow, and the Top Cats) all performed and they were awesome – if you ever get a chance to see any of them perform, I highly recommend it.

All in all, it was a really great weekend. Great to see my family, great that they brought me food for my dorm:) and great to get out on a really nice fall day. Here are some pics I took:

Amanda%20davis%20centersmall.jpg amanda%20fireescapesmall.jpg Amanda%20Harris%20Millissmall.jpg Amanda%20OM%20Williamssmall.jpg

Actions

Information