One Month Gone

1 10 2008

I can’t believe that I’ve already been in college for a month. I was doing my homework last night and looked down at my calendar and noticed the date and it suddenly dawned on me that it was practically October! Within a month, so much has happened. I joined the pep band, visited a friend at a different school, had my first test in Biology, switched my meal plan, joined a fitness class, made friends with girls on my floor, been to Downtown Burlington a few times, slept forever on the weekends…the list goes on. :)

The one thing that I hope gets resolved soon is my housing situation. On my housing contract that I filled out online during the summer I specified that I wanted to be in a double room. I put living in a triple room down as my alternate choice. As it turns out, this year there is a record number of people living on campus, so I ended up in a triple.

At first it was okay – my two other roommates seemed pretty cool…a little quiet but cool. However you never really know someone until you live with them. As we start living together in a room made for two people, not only is the room rather cramped, I started to notice that we have completely different lifestyles and make completely different choices concerning school, classes, and uh recreational activities. This was a dilemma for me because I love my dorm, my RA, and some of the girls on my floor that I’ve made friends with, but after much deliberation I put my name on waiting lists to change rooms (about 2 weeks too late according to the woman I spoke with). Now I’m just waiting to hear if a room becomes available somewhere else on campus…I just have to wait and see what happens.

Actions

Information