You’ve had your UVM email address for 4+ years now and you may be wondering what’s going to happen with it now that you are an alum.
Two things are going to happen very soon:
- You’ll get some weird messages about your current email account, but don’t despair, you’ll have it for a few more months at the least.
- You’ll have the chance to create a permanent, lifetime UVM email address. And, you get to log-in using your current NetID and password (nothing new to remember!).
First, the weirdness.
If you haven’t already, one of the first things you’ll get is a cryptic-looking email from UVM that reads like this:
This is an automated email sent to all recent graduates like yourself that makes you feel like you are reading this:
It is definitely confusing and looks like someone may have hacked your account, but don’t worry, it’s really just a message to let you know that a change is coming to your NetID and email.
The most important thing you need to know is that if you want to keep a UVM email address forever, you can very soon!
Your uvm.edu email address will keep working for another few months, and soon, you will have the option to receive a lifetime email address that ends with @alumni.uvm.edu. You’ll activate your account using your existing NetID and password — super simple.
Your lifetime alumni email address will be available in just a few weeks and you’ll get a message announcing when you can log-in from the Alumni Association. We will be sure to remind you as well.
And, just to get you thinking, here are 5 great reasons to use your alumni email account:
- 50 GB of inbox space (miserly Gmail only gives you 15 GB)
- No advertising and no data harvesting (we’re looking at you again, Gmail)
- Allows you to keep a consistent email address as you change jobs, addresses, and internet access providers.
- You can have it flow right into your mail app on your phone (just like when you were a student).
- You get to rock your school spirit in email form — forever.
And while we’re at it, if you’ve moved recently, feel free to update your mailing address here, so you don’t miss any of our fun stuff in your home mailbox: alumni.uvm.edu/updateinfo.